Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The End

of my pregnancy that is.  (yep about 4 months after the fact-better late than never)

On Thursday, Feb 9th I had my 40 week dr appointment.  I was so hoping she would tell me that I was at least 3 cm and should head to the hospital...wishful thinking.  The report was dilated 1-2 cm and we set an induction date of February 15th.  She was so nice and didn't book us for the 13th...I told her I really didn't want a Valentine's baby if we could help it.  She was fine with that and she was willing to let me go a week over my due date. 
On Friday I woke up with a false sense of security..."I have an induction date set so of course that's when the baby will be here".  Dustin had to remind me that I could still go into labor at anytime.  That morning was a little rough...I wasn't feeling the greatest and ended up throwing up - just a normal pregnancy thing for me.  While I was getting ready I received a text stating that a friend (who was due Feb 12th) was in labor.  That's what every overdue pregnant lady wants to hear...that somebody went two days early.  :P  I went to work like any other normal day, received word that she did have the baby and that all were doing great. :)  Around 11am I had a contraction (I had a few all morning) so decided to see when the next when would come.  At 12pm I gave up on trying to time it.  Around 3pm my Mom text and asked how I was doing and I explained to her that my back was hurting but I figured I maybe was sitting wrong or just too long.  I came home that evening and decided to walk on the treadmill - hoping to start labor.  While walking my contractions would come consistently about every 5 minutes, but as soon as I stopped so did the contractions.  I really didn't want to be a hamster so decided to make supper and take it easy. 
On Saturday I woke up and decided to clean the house and while cleaning decided we needed to go grocery shopping.  So around noon we headed to Waterloo.  I also had a craving for Taco Bell so why not include that in the trip.  While shopping I started having contractions every 10 minutes...a few times I even had to stop and catch my breath.  Well, I made through the shopping trip and came home to relax.  While we made supper my contractions were every 9 minutes, but once we sat down to eat they became very inconsistent again.  Later in the evening I decided to try rocking in the chair to help the contractions...it worked but only if I kept rocking.  Around 9 pm Dustin's sister dropped off a gift for the baby, stayed a few minutes and then left.  I was done rocking, walking or doing anything else so we decided to watch TV. 

To Be Continued...with Payton's Birth Story!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Yay! Can't wait for the rest!