Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Rewind

Whew...why does the weekend go sooooo fast?!?!  Friday night helped make and decorate 100 cupcakes for a baby shower.  Not that I was all that much help...I only mixed two cake batters and then left to watch the spring musical at the Lutheran school.  The play was very cute.  Afterwards went to DQ for a blizzard and then headed back to help with the cupcakes.  By the time I got back they were almost done!!  Two batches had burnt so I did assist in mixing another batter and that we made into one big cupcake...super cute! 

Saturday morning got up at normal time...who sleeps in anyways?  By 11am I had already been to Schnucks, Wal-Mart, the DMV, the bank, and wrapped the birthday present for the afternoon.  Saturday afternoon was spent with a very sweet little one year old for her birthday party!  Her Mommy and Daddy did an amazing job with all the decorations.  The evening consisted of me staying home while Dustin worked. 

Sunday it was time for the baby shower!  This was a much anticipated event...we were FINALLY going to find out if this little bundle of joy is a BOY or GIRL!?!?!?!?!  After an hour into the shower, the cake was finally cut (the cake revealed the sex of the baby) and....drumroll please...It's a BOY!!!!  I am so super excited and happy for our friends!!  After the shower we helped deliver the gifts to the new baby's house and then headed out to eat at Tequilas. 

It was such an exciting weekend...now is it Friday yet??? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just found your blog...reading blogs are my new past time at work.....so who is having a baby?

Crystal L said...

I am trying to figure out the blogging thing. It's taking a little bit. I was excited when I saw that I had a follower! :)

Joe Koester and Jen Liefer are the ones having the baby. They are due June 18th.

Anonymous said...

yay me!!! :) I had NO idea that Joe had a kid on the way....tell him I said Congrats! But I will make sure I do next time I see him!
I want to be a blogger too....but am afraid my work will see when I post things and the only time I actually HAVE time to post things is when I am there. Sure don't want to get fired!